Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Imagine Player's Guide

It seems almost like everyone thinks that this is yet another D&D clone of some type.  If it were truly a clone, I'd agree with you.  But I do not believe that this game is a D&D clone.  There are, for instance, only four major stats: Endurance, Perception, Affinity, and Fortune. 

Then, each of those stats are broken down into three sub-categories:

For Endurance (or Physical), you have: Strength, Agility, and Vitality.

For Perception (or Mental) you have: Intelligence, Wisdom, and knowledge.

For Affinity (or Personal) you have: Appearance, Charm, and Social Class.

Finally, in Fortune (or Mystical) you have: Aura, Piety, and Will Force. 

I purchased these in a trade for some of my old stuff - and I must say I could not be happier!

Sure, this system has some problems.  But, what systems don't?

But, this game I like a lot!  For instance, the Character sheet has a very nice hit location slot.  You shouldn't use it all the time, but for criticals, it's almost indispensable.

Plenty of room to grow with skills, weapons, spells (or invocations).

There are, believe it or not, even character sheets for Centaurs, and Lizard-folk.  On the main character sheet are also places for the Bird-folk Wing stats!

In its 330 pages there are (among other things) a real Table of Contents, and a "Table of Tables" that allow you to look up a table you want quickly.  The Appendix has two pages of quick info, a Glossary, and a very comprehensive Index!  This book is a hardcover and very easy to lay on the table for use, 

Sure, the disclaimer on the back cover is a little overbearing, but the info you really need is there too: 12 Attributes, 18 races, 26 classes, over 340 skills, 450 spells and incantations, over 150 different weapons and armor, and over 500 items of equipment!

I'd like to rate this at least four stars, or even five!  I know I'll be using it very soon.

No comments: