Friday, January 24, 2020

The Beginning of the Loki series by C. Gockel

Atomic: An I Bring the Fire Short Story (A Loki Series) by C. Gockel I was not ready for the complete theme change after the prologue, but when it happened, so early in the story, I kept reading this short story which has only four chapters. My love of all things Nordic captured me at once. The relationship between Loki and Sigyn was told very well. Loki, like a lot of other Asgardian Gods, takes many lovers. As Sigyn is standing in the middle of the atomic holocaust of Hiroshima, she is almost at her limit of handling the psychic cries for help. Although this is only a short story, I found myself drawn into the story of Sigyn and her relationship with Loki and her memories of a time long ago. However, she cannot ignore the whirlwind of the destruction of the first atomic bomb blast. If this is any indication of the series of books she has published about Sigyn, you can be sure I will look for them! I'll put "I Bring the Fire Part I: Wolves" very high on my 'must buy' list!

No comments: