Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Three Ring Circus

And now, ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and enjoyment, I present.... (drum roll) ...The Gamers Circus!

In the center ring will be various thoughts on role playing games. I will try real hard to post something for the center ring every day.

But the other two rings will feature assorted acts of the non-RPG variety. I like customizable, collectible, and constructible card games, LARPS, miniature gaming, board wargaming, board games, card games, in short, if it has anything to do with gaming you'll find it here eventually.

I've been a gamer since a very young age - I started by learning the basics of board wargaming on the floor of a school gymnasium with the likes of Fletcher Pratt! I've played Harpoon, Squad Leader, Advanced Squad Leader, Panzer Blitz, Panzer Leader, Arab-Israeli Wars, Merchant of Venus, and many other board games before discovering my love of RPG's with "The Little Brown Books" of Dungeons and Dragons. Since then, I think I've either played or game mastered almost anything that's reasonably well known, and several more that are not so well known.

I'll be sharing some of my years of info with all of you, and you can let me know if there's anything you'd like to hear more about. Tomorrow, however, I think I'll move to the left ring and explain how I learned the basics of Harpoon from Fletcher Pratt...

Until tomorrow then...

No comments: